Credit card was denied
What to do if ...
Error message on eBill for ACH or credit/debit card payments
Follow the instructions on the error message. If you're not sure what the error message means, call us with the following information: Grizzly ID, the amount of the payment you attempted to make, last 4 digits of the bank account number or credit card number used, the expiration date, and the date you tried to make the payment. If possible, take a screenshot of the error message or write down the information in the error message.
Payment isn't posted to eBill or credit card was charged twice
I don't understand a charge on my student account
The department that charged your account keeps records of your transactions. Contact the department.
Financial aid hasn't applied to my account
Make sure you've met all of your financial aid from Flywire on how to avoid tuition payment scams.
How to Pay / eBill
All payments must be in U.S. currency. Remittance should be made payable to “Oakland University” and identified with the student name and the last four digits of the Grizzly ID number. We do not accept payments over the phone.
Payments returned by the bank for any reason are considered nonpayment and may result in cancellation of registration. A $25 charge will be assessed for returned items.
Oakland University uses an electronic notification and payment system known as . is designed to work on all your devices including your PC, smart phone and tablet.
Students can authorize parents or other third parties to access the eBill system to view student account balances, enroll in payment plans, and make payments. Students can log in to to set up an authorized user using the instructions below.
Online payment methods include:
- Electronic Check using a checking or savings account bank routing and account number.
- Debit card as an online checking account when using the routing number and account number associated with the debit card. NOTE: when using your debit card as an online checking account, your debit card number is not the account number used for online checking; you may need to contact your card issuer to obtain the account number needed.
- Credit or Debit card via a third-party processor. The processor accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover, and will add a 2.85% (minimum $3.00) convenience charge to the transaction. This charge is assessed by the processor, not Oakland University, and will not appear on your student account nor be covered by financial aid. Revenue from the charge goes directly to the processor to cover the cost of processing the credit/ debit card payment. The convenience charge is not refundable under any circumstance.
Payment plans are available each semester to spread your costs into smaller payments.
You will need your Grizzly ID number and six-digit SAIL PIN. The account will be credited immediately when paying by eBill. Electronic payment confirmations will be sent to the student's OU email.
Please remember “Student Accounts- Past Due” holds will be removed 5-10 minutes after paying the amount due. Partial payments will be reflected in the hold amount within 24 hours.
Students, setup your OU email account (@) to ensure receipt of notifications of eBill statements, 1098-T tuition statements, payment plan installment changes, upcoming scheduled payments and installment payment dates and scheduled payment failures. You’ll receive an email notification to your OU email account. You are responsible for checking your OU email. If you don’t set up your OU email account (@), you will not receive a notification. Failure to receive an electronic notification does not excuse you from the required payment on the specified payment due date.
Students and authorized users can opt-in to receive eBill notifications such as payment plan installment and scheduled payment reminders via text message. In eBill, select “Personal Profile” from the “My Profile Setup” menu on the 金殿棋牌 page, then “My Profiles” to opt-in to text message notifications. If you have not already, you will need to sign up for two-step verification to add your mobile number on the “Security Settings” tab.
- Select eBill from the OU 金殿棋牌 page
- Log into eBill using your Grizzly ID and six-digit PIN
- Select Authorized Users tab from the My Account menu
- Select Add Authorized User and enter the email address of the person you are adding and select access, click Continue
- Agree to the terms and conditions (you may also print them) and click Continue
Payments by check can be mailed. All checks are to be made payable to “Oakland University” and include the student name and the last 4 digits of the Grizzly ID number to ensure correct and timely processing. Receipts will not be mailed; your cancelled check is proof of payment. Please allow 5-6 days for mail delivery and payment processing.Cashier’s Office
The Cashier’s Office is open Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm, except for holidays and weekends.
During non-business hours, a payment drop-box is located outside of the Cashier Office for payments by check only. Envelopes are available above the payment drop-box. Do not drop off cash payments. All payments are to be made payable to “Oakland University” and include the student name and the last 4 digits of the Grizzly ID number to ensure correct and timely processing. Do not include cash payments. Receipts will not be mailed; your cancelled check is proof of payment.
Payments can be made in person at the Cashier Office, 120 North Foundation Hall, by cash or check. Credit/debit cards are not accepted in person at the Cashier Office. Be sure to bring your driver’s license, OU GrizzCard or other government issued picture identification. The student account will be credited immediately when paying in person. Payments can be viewed immediately in eBill by clicking the View Account Activity icon on the main screen. Receipts will be mailed to the student if the payment is made by a third party who does not know the Grizzly ID at the time of payment.
How to Pay When the Cashier’s Office is Closed
- Go online and pay in eBill using your checking/savings account or debit/credit card.
- Mail a payment by check, cashier’s check, money order or traveler’s check to the Cashier’s Office.
- Drop a payment by check, cashier’s check, money order or traveler’s check in the payment drop-box is located outside of the Cashier Office.
- Payments by cash: Cash payments are unable to be processed when the Cashier’s Office is closed. Options available include:
- Going to a bank or credit union and purchasing a cashier’s check and either mail it to the Cashier’s Office or drop it in the payment drop box outside the Cashier’s Office.
- Going to the post office or convenience store and purchasing a cashier’s check or money order and either mail it to the Cashier’s Office or drop it in the payment drop box outside the Cashier’s Office.
Oakland University has partnered with Flywire to make international payments safe and easy. Flywire allows users (students, parents, etc.) to pay from almost any country and any bank. They also offer excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing users to pay in their 金殿棋牌 currency (in most cases) and save money, compared to traditional banks. Users will be able to track the progress of their payments throughout the transfer process with a user dashboard and email notifications.
How much will this transfer cost? When a user accesses the Flywire site, the first question is: how much does the user want to pay OU? The user then chooses the currency they want to pay with, generally the user’s 金殿棋牌 country currency. Once the user chooses the currency, Flywire displays the amount of funds the user will need to transfer to Flywire in their 金殿棋牌 country currency. The amount of the payment and the exchange rate are guaranteed for a number of days. If the user does not initiate the transaction in the time specified, the amount transferred to OU could change based on the new exchange rates. Generally the wires are domestic wires for the user since they are wiring to a Flywire financial partner in the users 金殿棋牌 country.
Students that select to make a payment using US Dollars, even though Flywire supports their 金殿棋牌 currency, will be charged a $25 service fee for processing the transaction.
If a user needs to make payment from two different bank accounts, the user should initiate two payments (each for the amounts that each bank account will be covering). The user will then follow the instructions for each payment.
For instructions on how to make a payment using Flywire, users may view their . For more detailed information regarding Flywire, please visit the page.
If you are having problems with your bank wiring funds to Oakland University using Flywire: Please use the .
Students from the Peoples Republic of China金殿棋牌: Not sure why you should use Flywire to process your bank transfers? Click here for a list of reasons why. Open the
Click below to make a payment.